Tuesday, 23 December 2014

North Korea denies Sony hack, but the US isn’t having it



The US IS Confident that North Korea is behind the hacking of Sony Pictures, and has dismissed any help from the country in the investigation. 
The Sony hacking saga continues, and things are really starting to heat up. North Korea has generally thought to be behind the hack all along, which led to the eventual cancellation of The Interview.
However North Korea vehemently denied all of the accusations on Saturday. The country's foreign ministry said an inquiry would put an end to the "groundless allegations.” North Korea also offered to hold a joint investigation with the US over it.
In a statement, the North Korean foreign ministry said: "As the United States is spreading groundless allegations and slandering us, we propose a joint investigation with it into this incident.

"Without resorting to such tortures as were used by the US CIA, we have means to prove that this incident has nothing to do with us."

The statement added there would be "grave consequences" if the US rejected the proposal.

However, the US has defended its conclusions. US National Security spokesman Mark Stroh said: "We are confident the North Korean government is responsible for this destructive attack.

"If the North Korean government wants to help, they can admit their culpability and compensate Sony for the damages this attack caused."
Last week some of the hacked emails revealed Sony and Nintendo talking about a Super Mario movie.
Post a Comment

Disqus

comments powered by Disqus